Scribe Services Conditions of Website Use
The term 'Scribe Services' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. Content1.1 The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
1.2 Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1.4 This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
1.5 All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
1.6 Links contained in this website may lead to websites not under the control of Scribe Services and Scribe Services is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Links provided on this website are provided to users only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Scribe Services of, and Scribe Services accepts no liability in respect of the content of, any such linked site. Users link to any linked sites at their own risk.
2. Usage2.1 Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
2.2 Using this website for unauthorised purposes may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
2.3 Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England.
2.4 While Scribe Services endeavours to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, they shall not be liable if for any reason it is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Scribe Services website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
2.5 Linking Users shall not be entitled (nor shall they assist others) to set up links from their own websites to this website (whether by hypertext linking, deep-linking, framing, tagging or otherwise) without the prior written consent of Scribe Services, which consent Scribe Services may at its absolute discretion, and without providing a reason, grant or withhold. Such consent may be sought by contacting Scribe Services via the "Contact Us" page.
2.7 You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Scribe Services website any material:
2.8 You may not misuse the Scribe Services website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
2.9 Scribe Services shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Scribe Services to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of clause 2.7 or clause 2.8
3. Supply of Information3.1 Any communication, information or query (apart from payment transaction information, including credit-card particulars) transmitted by a user to this website by electronic mail or otherwise will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. Anything transmitted by any user may be used by Scribe Services or its affiliates for any purpose, including, without limitation, broadcast, transmission, publication, reproduction, disclosure, posting and any other use whatsoever. Although Scribe Services may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on its websites, Scribe Services is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on its websites.
3.2 If applicable, Scribe Service's web server may automatically recognise the domain name and e-mail address (where possible) of users of its websites. Scribe Services may collect the domain name and e-mail address of visitors to its websites, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with Scribe Services via e-mail and aggregate information on what pages users access or visit and information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
3.3 The information collected by Scribe Services is used for internal review, used to improve the content of its website, used to customise the content and/or layout of its websites for each individual user, used to notify users about updates to its websites, used by Scribe Services to contact users for marketing purposes and is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
4. Returns Policy4.1 We will replace at no extra cost any goods damaged before or on delivery, if you notify us by telephone or in writing within 5 days of their receipt.
4.2 We will replace at no extra cost to You, any Goods which in Our reasonable opinion have been lost in transit provided that You notify us by telephone or in writing if the Goods fail to arrive within 28 days after the anticipated delivery date.
4.3 Where you are a consumer (non-business customer) and entitled to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Regulations 2000), you may cancel your order without cause within seven days of receipt of the goods, provided that orders for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software may not be cancelled once the goods have been unsealed. Otherwise you will not be entitled to cancel any order that we have already entered into our order processing system or that has been dispatched electronically, for example as an e-mail attachment.
4.4 Scribe Service's acknowledgement must be sought before any goods are returned for credit, using the details on the "Contact Us" page.
5. Revision of Terms and Conditions5.1 Scribe Services may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions without notice by posting changes on-line. Users are responsible for reviewing all information posted on-line and the continued use of this website after changes are posted constitute the user's acceptance of modified Terms and Conditions.
5.2 A user's authorisation to use this website automatically terminates without notice if in Scribe Service's sole discretion the user fails to comply with any of the Terms and Conditions. On termination, the user must cease all use of this website and destroy all and any materials copied directly or indirectly from it.
6. Exclusions and Limitations6.1 Scribe Services exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this website in any way including but not limited to:
6.2 Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit Scribe Service's liability for:
6.3 If your use of material on the Scribe Services website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
6.4 Subject to clause 6.2 every user shall indemnify and keep indemnified on a continuing basis Scribe Services or any of its licensors against any actions, costs (including but not limited to legal costs), expenses, damages, awards, compensation, fines, Court and/or Tribunal awards and all other liabilities arising from your breach of these Terms and Conditions (including but not limited to death or personal injury or damage to property).
7. Severability7.1 If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. General8.1 These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England. If any provision of the foregoing is held to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Last revision effective: October 2010